Australia’s golf industry gathered in Melbourne in late July for Golf Business Forum 2018.
The Forum was created as a place for the wider industry to come together to make connections, share ideas, build knowledge and obtain the tools essential to driving successful golf business outcomes.
The first event was held in 2016 and attracted 197 delegates. In 2018, 282 delegates were involved, representing a 43% increase in delegate attendance.
Delegates came from all parts of the industry and included public golf courses, driving ranges, golf resorts, golf clubs, local government, state government, golf facility management companies, land development companies, PGA Professionals, industry organisations, golf media and industry business partners. Together they serve Australia’s 2.1M golf participants.
“Our purpose for creating the Golf Business Forum was to bring Australia’s diverse golf industry together. Given the growth in attendance and the diversity of delegates, we have certainly achieved our objective. Golf Business Forum is clearly Australia’s most influential golf business event,” enthused Forum Director, Guy Chapple.
The Forum’s success was also evident by the growth and commitment of its commercial partners, particularly its premium partners. “MPower MSL has been the Forum’s Platinum Partner since 2016. We are thrilled with the success of Golf Business Forum 2018. The wide range of delegates, together with great content and networking, provides a valuable and unique opportunity for MPower MSL, and all the event’s commercial partners, to engage with the wider Australian golf industry” raved Nick Thornton, General Manager of MPower Golf.
Other premium partners of Golf Business Forum 2018 included Golf Australia (Foundation), Club Car and X-Golf Australasia (Gold Sponsors), and Toro, PGA of Australia, Soniq, Aveo Group and PGA TOUR (Silver Sponsors).
Golf Business Forum 2018’s education content focused on 3 broad themes – trends, marketing and customer experience.
International and local keynote speakers included Matt Connell (MKTG), Kirk Edwards (Village Roadshow/Topgolf), Bec Brideson (The Gender Intelligence Agency), John King (Golf Marketing University), Lodewijk Klootwijk (European Golf Couse Owners Association) and Ian James (RetailTribe).
“We’ll be reviewing feedback from the event’s delegates, commercial partners and industry organisations. Together, we look forward to evolving Golf Business Forum and delivering a bigger and better event next time,” states Chapple.
A highlights video, plus videos from selected speakers, are now available via https://www.golfbusinessforum.com.au/.
- Golf Business Forum is a gathering of key decision makers that represent the diverse range of golf facility owners, operators, industry leaders and business partners that serve Australia’s 2.1M golf participants
- Golf Business Forum 2018 was held in Melbourne from 30-31 July 2018
- Speakers came from Europe, UK, South Africa as well as industry leaders and experts in their field from Australia
- Golf Business Forum 2018 was supported by all major industry bodies and associations and attracted widespread interest across Australia
- Golf Business Forum 2018 premium partners included MPower MSL, Golf Australia, Club Car, X-Golf Australasia, Toro, PGA of Australia, Soniq, Aveo Group and PGA TOUR
- Key metrics from Golf Business Forum 2018:
- 282 delegates
- 95% of delegates said the Forum met or exceeded expectations
- 86% of delegates said the Forum delivered good to very good value
- 82% of delegates said the Forum delivered good to very good content
- Immeasurable number of valuable golf business conversations